Deposit dispute


Can anyone recommend a Scottish legal firm that can deal with a tennancy deposit that was unprotected


Mikz, in Dundee I would use Dundee North Law Centre. But if in another area you can contact the local council and ask to be put through to their Private Sector Services Unit, explain your situation, they might contact the landlord in question directly. They may also be able to advise you of a law firm specialising in Housing Law that their authority would normally refer enquiries to.


Thanks andymc,

If you are a tenant Mikzx you can apply to the First Tier Tribunal to have your tenancy deposit and up to three times the amount returned to you. Its free of charge to use the tribunal and the good part is that you don’t need to have a lawyer. I’ve added some further details below:

Let me know how you get on?